Old SD card died, now new SD card shows no space available.

A

AC Question

I have an HTC one M9, android 5.1, sense 7.0, software 2.11.502.18

The 128gb sd card I was using died somehow. I replaced it with a new one, however I can not save anything to the new card nor can I transfer any apps to it. The phone gives a 'no space available' error.

There is nothing on the card, 120gb free, ran chkdsk and no issues reported, I can see the card just fine when I mount it to my computer.

I can see the card when I mount it to the phone. It shows 120gb of available space, but if I select 'make more space', the next screen shows 'NO SD CARD'

It seems like the os is still thinking the old card is installed, and tries to move/write to it but since it is not there, it fails.

The last item of note is that the sd card seems to be named 'SD CARD (EXTERNAL STORAGE 1). I don't think that is right, but I don't remember what it was before.

So far I have tried mounting and unmounting the card, restarting the phone both with and without the new card installed, reformatting the card both from the phone and my computer, even did a full factory reset of the phone and it still will not recognize the SD card.

Thanks in advance for your help!