Galaxy S7 Battery draining too fast

A

AC Question

I bought the phone yesterday and re-downloaded all of my apps.
Overnight I charged the phone to 100%, made sure nothing was running in the background. Listened to music on the way to work (approx. 50 minutes) and the battery was at 50%. The music was stored on the phone, so no streaming. I am guessing that the battery is defective, but how can I tell for sure?

I contacted T-Mobile, they said the bring it to the store. the store said they don't have the diagnostic tools and to wait a few days.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I agree on waiting a few days. Between the new toy syndrome (playing with it a lot), the kernel needs some time to settle down, and the battery needs a few days to break in.

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the responses.
couple of points just to clarify:
after removing it from the charger this morning I lost about 10% battery in 30 minutes on standby
beyond playing the music, I was not using the phone (no fb, instagram etc.)

what annoyed me even more was that I brought it to the store and they said they didn't have mechanism to do a diagnostic on the battery. but even worse when I had the audacity to request a new phone they said they didn't want to lose money for the company.

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the responses.
couple of points just to clarify:
after removing it from the charger this morning I lost about 10% battery in 30 minutes on standby
beyond playing the music, I was not using the phone (no fb, instagram etc.)

what annoyed me even more was that I brought it to the store and they said they didn't have mechanism to do a diagnostic on the battery. but even worse when I had the audacity to request a new phone they said they didn't want to lose money for the company.

Sim Sim Salabim

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Just in case anyone else was having the same issue, here's my update:
I returned the phone on Saturday and got a replacement phone.
The difference was noticeable.
I was able to make it through yesterday with decent/high usage of the phone and only lost about 35% battery from 8AM to 11PM.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance