Radiation from Camera focus on LG G3?

A

AC Question

This might seem paranoid, but repeated exposure to laser focusing means more radiation for the phone owner, correct? I've read several reviews that it's a true laser (and infra red for close up shots?), if so .. well, lasers mean radiation?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Unless my understanding is awry, everything in the universe radiates. The stuff is everywhere. I can't say it worries me.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, lasers are radiation, but not all radiation is bad. Visible light is made of broad spectrum electromagnetic radiation... that warm glow you feel when you sit by a fire? That's infrared radiation.... and a significant amount more than that wee little IR laser can pump out. Pick up your TV remote and look at the emitter... that is most likely an IR as well. Laser just refers to the process by which the photons are created and really doesn't mean those photons will be dangerous. That is determined by the type of photon and the beam's power.

Now, some lasers most definitely can be dangerous... but the amount of power they are pumping out is orders of magnitude higher than the this one. That little autofocus laser is extremely weak, blasting out infared radiation at a completely harmless level.