Why is there Custom settings based on location now and how do i edit or remove them?

A

AC Question

Hello, I updated my phone a couple of days back and now everytime i set my phone to silent at home for example it just gives me the "Custom home settings applied based on location" or something and removes it- gets kinda annoying and i have no idea where to edit or remove the thing. Thanks so much in advance

Smarra427

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Just chatted with Samsung. I'm having the same issue.

Go to Settings --> Search --> type in "Application Manager" --> More (top right) --> Reset app preferences.

That will shut the service off. You should eventually get a pop up asking you to set it up again, and you can either adjust it then or leave the default settings.

I just reset mine, so I will repost in a week if it works. Please do the same. Thanks.

Ajmouser

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Just chatted with Samsung. I'm having the same issue.

Go to Settings --> Search --> type in "Application Manager" --> More (top right) --> Reset app preferences.

That will shut the service off. You should eventually get a pop up asking you to set it up again, and you can either adjust it then or leave the default settings.

I just reset mine, so I will repost in a week if it works. Please do the same. Thanks.

Ajmouser

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Woohoo! Figured it out. Went to best buy and talked to the Samsung guy.

Add the "my places" widget to the home screen.

Touch the home, work or out and about area. Takes you to the app.

Select menu and then manage places.

Turn off location for each of the home, work and out and about.

This feature overall could be awesome because it could have frequently used apps based on location.

Hope this works. Thanks to Marlin at Best Buy in tukwila, wa.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they could have printed the instructions on the inside of the glossy paper that covers the box. (This is one of those things that EVERY manual writer knows - from using the phone for months - so "everyone" "should" know it, right? [I've done similar things - but any manual I wrote went through 3 other hands after it was written, and the last 2 didn't even know what the product was supposed to do, so any missing information was glaringly apparent Quality Assurance shouldn't end with the device itself..])

phbern

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I have a related problem/question. I can turn on/off things like bluetooth when I am home or at work under "apply settings by location", but I do not have the same option when I am "out and About" because there is no apply settings by location option. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Inori Medina

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
THANK GOD FOR THIS POST. I was dealing with the same thing for so long and it annoyed me! I had put on location and it would put phone on vibrate, battery saver on, bluetooth and NFC. I couldn't figure it out and did a factory restart, but now, since I did this it works beautifully... thank goodness for this post! Hahaha