Having some trouble with my 2nd gen Moto G. Just updated to Marshmallow, I did not choose to use my SD card as internal storage. Now when I connect via android file transfer (mac), the SD card is visible but only contains one folder (downloads). I have other folders for music, video etc on here as well as all camera photos, which I can now no longer access. these still exist as I have access to the files via the device, and using ES File Explorer I can see the SD card contents hasn't changed. Does anyone know what's causing this?
    03-27-2016 07:55 AM
    Are you sure it's not the internal sd card/storage and the external sd card doesn't show separately.
    03-27-2016 08:07 AM
    Afraid not, the files in the downloads folder match up with what's on the SD card. Can't figure out why that is visible and the rest isn't.
    03-27-2016 08:34 AM
    Afraid not, the files in the downloads folder match up with what's on the SD card. Can't figure out why that is visible and the rest isn't.
    Hmmm. Sorry about that.

( You are connected as an MTP or PTP device?)

Welcome to Android Central.

I shouldn't have butted in really as I don't use a Mac. Now this thread may get overlooked.

Have a look at this thread I found (2nd or 3rd post),

PC can't access Moto G files

and if no more responses on this thread, you're very welcome to ask again in the Moto G3 or Android Marshmallow forums.

You can also ask the experienced site ambassadors in Android Central Community - Introductions.
    03-27-2016 09:04 AM
    thanks for your help, clearing the data/cache for external/media storage as mentioned in your link solved the issue!
    03-27-2016 10:41 AM