mohashman

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.
While tinkering with my old LG LS665 (ZV8), I managed to hard brick the phone. Now the screen is completely blank and the phone does not go into Download phone.
It only shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (Com4) on my laptop.
I looked up many solutions and figured that I need to short the pins on its motherboard and run the BoardDiag and so forth.
Here's the problem:
The AP Chipset for my phone does not show up on BoardDiag. Any help here would be appreciated.
If anyone can also help with the right pins that need to shorted on this phone and the way to do it.
Any other way that I've missed to sort out this mess would be appreciated.
Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

This is my first post on this forum.
While tinkering with my old LG LS665 (ZV8), I managed to hard brick the phone. Now the screen is completely blank and the phone does not go into Download phone.
It only shows up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (Com4) on my laptop.
I looked up many solutions and figured that I need to short the pins on its motherboard and run the BoardDiag and so forth.
Here's the problem:
The AP Chipset for my phone does not show up on BoardDiag. Any help here would be appreciated.
If anyone can also help with the right pins that need to shorted on this phone and the way to do it.
Any other way that I've missed to sort out this mess would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hi, welcome to AC!

What did you tinker with to brick your phone?

mohashman

May 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Thanks.
First I successfully rooted my phone. Then I wanted to make space in the internal memory, so using an app I started transferring some apps to the SD card. Problem is, I accidentally transferred some system apps as well, so the phone started behaving badly. Then I flashed a wrong TOT file I found on the internet via the Download mode in the phone. The rest is history.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Thanks.
First I successfully rooted my phone. Then I wanted to make space in the internal memory, so using an app I started transferring some apps to the SD card. Problem is, I accidentally transferred some system apps as well, so the phone started behaving badly. Then I flashed a wrong TOT file I found on the internet via the Download mode in the phone. The rest is history.
I see, yeah if you transfer some system apps to SD card that will do it . Does the phone recognize being connected to computer ?

Last edited: