Will factory unlocked international version Galaxy S7 work in US for AT&T?

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I am thinking about buying a factory unlocked international version Galaxy S7 through Amazon

I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any problems, so I chatted with an AT&T agent today, and the agent told me that I shouldn't have any trouble using the network, but that there is about a 25 to 50% chance that the international phone won't be able to use the cellular data network.

He told me that there are potential solutions for this but that it may or may not work

Since I hate all the bloatware and also prefer to have a white phone, I'm really leaning towards the international version, but this has me worried

I searched whether this problem was common for previous versions, but haven't found much discussion (one relevant link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/528338-not-connecting-lte-t-international-s6.html )

So, in short, are there often problems with accessing cellular data network when using a factory unlocked international version Galaxy S7 for AT&T? Are there any other potential problems that I should be aware of?

Thanks!