Screen rotation on galaxy s7.

A

AC Question

My screen rotation on my galaxy s7 isn't working. There isn't even and icon to turn it on when I pull down the top. Can anyone help me?

UncleLui

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Holly cow Android!! Who's idea was it to xhange the name of the icon when turned off?

So, when autorotate is active and the screen automatically changes feom Portrait to Landscape the icon is callsd "Autorotate" but if you turn it off the the icon changes ita name to "Portrait Lock". That's why no one (well I) couldn't find it.

UncleLui

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
So, when autorotate is active and the screen automatically changes feom Portrait to Landscape the icon is callsd "Autorotate" but if you turn it off the the icon changes ita name to "Portrait Lock". That's why no one (well I) couldn't find it.

Zachary Harner

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
My screen rotation won't work unless I'm using a VR app or I am using it to do the advanced features. The screen won't rotate when I'm watching YouTube or Netflix, but the VR works fine. I know it's not the auto rotate button on the notification bar, and I have restarted the phone.

mo44203

May 6, 2017
Visit site
I was having the same problem! Thanks...now this piece of crap at least rotates! I've have nothing but problems since my phone forced me to update to the 7.0 Nougat. I hate this update. I hate my phone now. I hate my camera. I would love to have marshmallow 6.0 back. I purchased this phone specifically for the camera! Where did my "delicious" photo filter go? Now my pics are dull.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just had this issue where for the past few days it would not auto rotate no matter what I did. Looked in forums and nothing. What fixed it? I restarted the phone! After a week a get a message recommeding I restart the phone. I actually turned it off, waited and turned it on. Back to auto rotate. Good luck all.

wandajnevills

Nov 22, 2018
Visit site
Press Settings-->4th icon on the right says "Auto rotate" or if activated says "Portrait". Press to toggle between both screen options.

All of these options have disappeared from my settings menu. I searched for auto rotate, portrait, rotate, rotation... There is NOTHING. I even accepted the update I'd been trying to put off indefinitely and the "enhanced features" update, but that didn't help. I REALLY don't want to do a factory reset and spend the next week trying to get all my settings back how I want them. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173