For the last few weeks, I've been using an old charger on my S5, the kind with the small insert, instead of the double insert charger cables that come with the S5. Last night, I had it plugged in all night, but it was only at 29% when I woke up. It had been "charging" and "uncharging" every few seconds. I plugged it in at work, but hours later I found that it was "charging" at 0%. I'd turned it off, so not only was it not charging, but it was losing charge from the charging screen. I went home and tried different chargers and cables, including the kind that come with an S5, and they won't work at all. The only cable that has a reaction is the old, small one, but it's only enough to make the phone look like it's charging. It won't actually charge. Please help!
    03-29-2016 06:47 PM
    Hi, and welcome to Android Central forums!

I would recommend taking the phone to your carrier, where you purchased the phone. If that's possible, and see if they can try one of the Chargers in the store that they have, and see if it give them the same issue. I'm not there so I don't know the conditions of your charger or Chargers, I will say that it is slightly possible that they may be all defective. And or not the correct voltages for the S5.
    03-29-2016 09:27 PM
    If it is a major carrier that you deal with, they won't have a problem with hooking up to one of their cables to test it. They won't charge you for it.
    03-29-2016 09:27 PM