I have a Vofafone Smart Prime 6. Today it was at 23%, so I plugged it in, the light was on, but the battery kept draining. It was at 3% so I turned it off and left it in, with the light still on and the screen saying it was charging, but when I turned it on it was at 2%. How do I fix this?
    03-30-2016 04:46 PM
    Make sure first that the USB lead is good, and that the USB port is clean and undamaged.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2016 04:57 PM
    I've had problems with my HTC One M9 charging with specific cables. It seems to be positional. There is advice out there on how to clean a USB port, and after viewing a lot of it, and playing around myself, here is my recommended procedure.

1. Mechanically clean out lint, chocolate, and the like. Some suggest a paper clip or needle but that could short out the contacts and brick your phone, I recommend against it. Some suggest a Qtip but it won't fit. Some suggest a toothpick, which won't short out the contacts but might break off in there. I recommend getting some flossers at the drugstore. The Glide brand is clearly superior for flossing your teeth, but any brand that has a plastic toothpick on the back end will work for this. The toothpick is soft, nonconductive, and flexible, and will not break off in there.

2. Blow out the port using a can of compressed air.

3. Clean the contacts, by spraying a tiny amount of DeOxit in there, and then using a fine-bristle toothbrush.

If anyone has better recommendations, please post them on this thread; thanks!
    04-08-2016 09:29 AM