How do I capture still shots from video?

A

AC Question

Hi, I upgraded my gs5 to the gs7. Most everything about this phone I love. One key feature that I can't seem to figure out is how to take still shots from video. On the gs5, there was the "capture" setting which allowed me to go frame by frame to capture the perfect shot. I can't seem to figure it out on the gs7. Any feedback?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 also has the "capture" feature, but when they went to the Note 5, Samsung removed it. I assume they removed it from the S6 also, and probably from your S7.

You might search through the Note 5 forum for an alternative app from Playstore. I seem to remember something was found, but supposedly not as good an option as was resident on your S5 or my Note 4.

Then again, hopefully it's still there on your S7 and someone comes and lets us both know where it is!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Once you hit the pause button, touch the screen anywhere on the picture other than a button. And the text menu and stuff will go away. This will allow you to get a good screenshot of the place you need.

fed3290

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I finally figured it out. Yes, i have to now pause the video and scroll carefully frame by frame to get to the perfect shot. Then tap the screen to remove all options on the screen. Finally, take the screen shot. Not as precise as the s5 function but still handy. Thanks for the feedback.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar