LG Nexus4 on Lollipop not rooted: I was storing my contacts on the phone without syncing (for security reasons). I mistakenly disabled google-play-services and all my contacts are now gone. I was hoping I could manually get them back, but I have no idea how. Even though it makes no sense, I did go to contacts.google.com and try to lull them out. I deleted my google account from my phone, but that didn't seem to help (not sure if I have to shutdown/restart the contacts app). I got the message "No vCard file found in storage." when I tried to import from storage. I plugged the phone into my pc and tried to look for /data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases, but I couldn't find it. The closest I got was "\Nexus 4\Internal storage\Android\data\android.providers.media". I couldn't find "data/data" folder to begin with. I even downloaded SQLiteman, but it showed the same folders.

Can I get the contacts back? How?
    03-31-2016 08:56 PM
    LG Nexus4 on Lollipop not rooted: I was storing my contacts on the phone without syncing (for security reasons). I mistakenly disabled google-play-services and all my contacts are now gone. I was hoping I could manually get them back, but I have no idea how. Even though it makes no sense, I did go to contacts.google.com and try to lull them out. I deleted my google account from my phone, but that didn't seem to help (not sure if I have to shutdown/restart the contacts app). I got the message "No vCard file found in storage." when I tried to import from storage. I plugged the phone into my pc and tried to look for /data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases, but I couldn't find it. The closest I got was "\Nexus 4\Internal storage\Android\data\android.providers.media". I couldn't find "data/data" folder to begin with. I even downloaded SQLiteman, but it showed the same folders.

Can I get the contacts back? How?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Are you contacts stored in your Gmail or no?
    04-05-2016 07:29 AM
    all my contacts are now gone. I was hoping I could manually get them back
    If they were entered as Google contacts, they should still be at Google Contacts. However, ONLY Google contacts are synced there - device, phone and SIM contacts aren't.

I plugged the phone into my pc and tried to look for /data/data/android.providers.contacts/databases, but I couldn't find it.
    /data has read rights only for root and owner. Since your PC isn't the owner, it looks like a blank directory. You'll have to root the phone in some way that doesn't destroy data (or use dd to grab the /userdata partition and work on it externally). (This isn't something for a casual user to do.)
    04-05-2016 12:43 PM