The Gallery app on my S6 won't open

A

AC Question

Earlier today I could open the app and only scroll a little ways down then it would close and have the error message "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped." I noticed a bunch of pictures that were not taken from me. They looked like images you find online. All just random things that I know I never searched for. I started deleting whatever I could until I got the error message again. Now I cannot open the app at all. I looked in settings for the (.nomedia) file but that was not there. I am out of ideas.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi and Welcome to Android Central Forums!

Try this:

goto> Settings>Device>Applications>Application Manager>Scroll over to "ALL">Then scroll down to "Gallery". Now clear cache and clear data.

See if that helps!

Chris

glennek

May 21, 2016
Visit site
This might be a stupid question but what happens when you clear the data? The phone warns that if you do this you all of the data will be deleted permanently. Does this mean this pictures that are stored there?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
This might be a stupid question but what happens when you clear the data? The phone warns that if you do this you all of the data will be deleted permanently. Does this mean this pictures that are stored there?

Welcome to the forums! Clearing data for the gallery will only delete personal information inside the app like your preferences, changes in the settings or folders structure, and mostly cache files (thumbnails). Your pictures are not stored in the gallery app so they are safe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac