Why did my screen go black & will not light up? I can no longer receive calls either...

A

AC Question

I did not drop my phone, or get it wet, but the screen will no longer light up...It doesn't work at all. How can I fix this?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello and thank you for visiting us!

IF you have a phone that you can remove the battery, then do so. While battery is out, hold power button down for about 3 seconds. Now, replace battery, and power up, hopefully.

One other thing....plug device into wall socket and monitor it closely for about 5 minutes, to see if it comes on. If these thing don't work, then I"m afraid a trip to the repair center is in order.

CHris

jackb804

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset. . . hold the power button and volume down together for 12 sec, select the factory reset option, then allow the phone to reset itself. If you have cloud services, (usually automatically selected when you started using the phone) you can have the phone reset all of your data from recent hour to a day or so in the past. For apps not replaced, go to app store and tap options tab on the upper right of opening page and reload all purchased apps. They will show as updates! Worked for me, took some time but was pleased to get my phone back. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome