The Digitizer is what allows us to use touchscreen and connect with our phones. I had about 3 phones so far with "bad digitizers". I have discovered a connection, meaning the one activity that i had in common with all 3 phones. ................GAMING.
    I play alot of games on my phone, card games, pokemon once(dont judge me ), etc. It seems that shortly after i play those games while using the touchscreen i always get issues later on. It is the only theory i have to why my didgitizers keep getting damaged. I get these random ghost touches where my phone just click random buttons on its own, or deadspots on the screen.
    I never dropped these phones( atleast not without a card case attached) or submerged them in water.

Can playing touch screen extensive video games mess up a digitizer or am i completely off with this theory?
    04-02-2016 01:31 AM
    The Digitizer is what allows us to use touchscreen and connect with our phones. I had about 3 phones so far with "bad digitizers". I have discovered a connection, meaning the one activity that i had in common with all 3 phones. ................GAMING.
    I play alot of games on my phone, card games, pokemon once(dont judge me ), etc. It seems that shortly after i play those games while using the touchscreen i always get issues later on. It is the only theory i have to why my didgitizers keep getting damaged. I get these random ghost touches where my phone just click random buttons on its own, or deadspots on the screen.
    I never dropped these phones( atleast not without a card case attached) or submerged them in water.

Can playing touch screen extensive video games mess up a digitizer or am i completely off with this theory?
    Welcome to Android Central!

In theory everything eventually goes bad, I have never heard of one going bad due to too much use but I could be wrong. What phone do you have? I know that some LG phones have issues with digitizers eventually going bad.
    belodion likes this.
    04-06-2016 08:38 AM
    I have the LG G3 ATAT Model. Sorry i took so long to reply. I didnt think anyone was going to answer me
    05-12-2016 01:05 AM
    I'd also wonder about the games you're installing. It's possible that one or two that you typically install might cause some instability. If this happens again, see if it persists in Safe Mode.
    05-12-2016 07:40 PM
    its as if the phone was built for certain games.And i will try Safe Mode next time
    05-13-2016 09:28 PM
    Doubt it had anything to do with games, unless you were probably playing games that your phone had difficulty handling, pushing its graphic capabilities.

I have a 5 year old Galaxy Tab Plus, a 4 year old S3 mini, and a 2 year old Note 2. All of these had played a lot of games. Dungeon Hunter, Asphalt, Hearthstone, CoC, Playstation 1 emulators, and none of these had any damage to the digitizers. In fact they're still all in pristine condition after lots of use, and are still being used today as ebook readers and secondary phones and gaming devices.
    05-14-2016 01:07 AM