LG G5 Audio Jack Static

A

AC Question

I am experiencing this weird audio problem with my device. I bought the LG G5 yesterday and was wondering if anyone hears a loud static when plugging your phone to your car audio via AUX. I ruled out the cables with works fine on other devices in my house. I plugged in a pair of headphones directly into the phone and no static. I even plugged in a mp3 player in my car to see if maybe the deck was going bad, and no static. Only when I plug in my phone I hear a loud static. Anyone else tried this out?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Does it do the same thing with the engine off?

Rotary movement and metal parts (from your car) can cause electrical noise. Maybe the phone is picking it up or isn't shielded properly.

Jesus Corral

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
It does the same thing with the engine off. Is there a way to shield it properly? Or is that a manufacturing issue? Also if it wasn't shielded properly wouldn't this be an issue anytime something is plugged into the jack?

Last edited:

Andrew Ranger

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
What you can try to reduce electrical noise an app like AUDI OF (Cyanogenmod stock equalizer) or NRGplayer one many of my friends vogue for. Turn down the preamp on your device within whichever app and adjust the gains on treble and bass however you see fit (mostly trial and error). If you still have static with a low preamp setting and your car audio high then you'll have to look further. This worked for me on an old Aug audio system in my house so best of luck!

Posted via the Android Central App

kresk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I get that hissing sound from my G5 also. Oddly enough, the auxiliary Jack in my car is the only place where it happens. Using the auxiliary on my home speakers works fine and using it in my mother's 2015 civic works too. I have a very average after market CD player so I thought that was the problem, but all evidence points to the contrary. Three other random phones work fine in my car as well. The only inconsistent one of the bunch is the G5. Headphones are crystal clear as well.
Update: I met up with a friend who has a G5 also. His phone has a hiss in my car too, but both of our phones don't hiss in his car. He has a 2009 Pontiac with a stock radio.
At a loss here.

mdavis113

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed two different types of noise when outputting audio from my G5 through the headphone jack to the aux input in my car. I'm using the same cable and car charger that I had successfully used with my HTC One M7. The first noise is a high pitched whine which changes pitch when I accelerate and is eliminated by disconnecting the charge cable. The other sound is the static which you have described. I have tried a couple of different audio streaming apps and the noise persists. One thing I have noticed is that when there are moments of silence during the stream (i.e. a podcast and there's a pause between the people speaking) and when you actually pause the stream entirely the static is not there. This leads me to believe that it may be induced during the digital audio conversion and hopefully a firmware update could address it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463