Videos/gifs won't play on any app.

A

AC Question

About a week ago, videos and gifs stopped working on my HTC Desire 610. Apps include YouTube, Kik, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Baconreader and ever my own gallery.

Sometimes videos will play for 2 seconds, and then stop with an error. I've tried uninstalling updates to the apps and reinstalling but it didn't work, I've also tried just turning my phone off and on but nothing.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago, videos and gifs stopped working on my HTC Desire 610. Apps include YouTube, Kik, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Baconreader and ever my own gallery.

Sometimes videos will play for 2 seconds, and then stop with an error. I've tried uninstalling updates to the apps and reinstalling but it didn't work, I've also tried just turning my phone off and on but nothing.

Welcome to Android Central!

I would recommend that you clear the cache partition on your device:

1. Turn off the phone completely
2. Press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time
3. Press the Power key until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
4. Continue to hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys until the Android System Recovery screen appears
5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight “Wipe cache partition”
6. Press the Power key to select

Make sure “Reboot System Now” is highlighted and press the Power key to restart the phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae