My galaxy 3 turns off without pressing the power button nor chossing to do so and the power button is too sensitive
    04-03-2016 02:32 PM
    It may be a fault in the power switch under the button. I guess you'd have replace it if that were the case. Cleaning the button with alcohol, just enough to run down under it, might help.
    04-03-2016 02:39 PM
    Since this is 4 months old I'm not sure if anyone's even still looking at it. I have the same issue with an LG phone. Not much you can do to truly fix it so far as I can tell, but you can make it slightly less annoying. Here's what you do. Buy yourself a cheapo gel case (we're talking bargain basement here). Most of these come with a sort of textured cover over the buttons. Sometimes that's all you need to do. The covers deaden the response enough. If not, take a pair of scissors (here's the reason you buy a cheap one) and cut off the button cover over the power button. That makes a small hole over the button. It shouldn't be a deep enough hole that you can't still turn the phone on and off, but it's now deep enough that just sliding it in a pocket should no longer turn it on/off. It's a hack, sure, but if you don't get free replacement for your phone it's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new phone to replace the perfectly functional one you already have.
    08-18-2016 08:22 PM