I am running a Moto E (2nd generation) with 4GLTE and Android version 6, I also recently updated to the marshmellow thing.

Yesterday a close friend added their contact to my phone by clicking on the phone icon in my apps list. I had not added a contact since doing the recent update, the phone came up with an option around syncing, (I may have panicked slightly here) and I believe I selected my Outlook account.

Later that evening I checked and had a hard time finding the newly added contact, but was eventually able to. This morning nothing. The contact is totally gone. Ive clicked on every option I can think of for the last couple of hours, gone through my various accounts contact lists, tried turning wifi on and off, data on and off. I tried to create a new contact the same way with the same name with hopes of finding the original one and found that it eventually showed up, but when repeated (created another new contact with same first name, slightly different last name) then the original 'fake' contact I had created disappeared as well!

Wherever my created contact went, is most likely the same place the original 'real' contact went....no idea how to find it. Any help would be much appreciated!
    04-03-2016 02:33 PM