When I add a new contact via the phone app the new contact appears as normal on my 'phone' app, my 'contacts' app, as well as my contacts for 'Outlook' app. After a short time, however, when the phone syncs with the various connected accounts the new contact disappears from everything on the phone.

I have tried this 3-4 times now, and each time the new contact disappears.

Any help?
    04-03-2016 04:54 PM
    I have had the same thing happen to me, twice, yesterday. The only way I was able to recreate a contact, one each, for these 2 different people was that these individuals had texted me again later. Those later texts came to me only as their phone number and not their name as the created contact. I only figured out who they were because of the existing text thread.

I'm on a Galaxy Note 4, running Lollipop 5.1.1. Was there a recent upgrade?

Any luck with a solution?

Anybody else having this problem?
    04-03-2016 09:46 PM
    When I add a new contact via the phone app the new contact appears as normal on my 'phone' app, my 'contacts' app, as well as my contacts for 'Outlook' app. After a short time, however, when the phone syncs with the various connected accounts the new contact disappears from everything on the phone.

I have tried this 3-4 times now, and each time the new contact disappears.

Any help?
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you also have a Note 4 on 5.1.1, as dorydee99 does? Are these contacts being added to your Google account, the local Phone account, or some other account?
    04-03-2016 10:23 PM