No WIFI with Google play/YouTube nor google pay

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung smart tv and previously had an older Galaxy. I decided to upgrade to an S7(regular/not edge). I loved the screen mirror features! Operative word being loved! My s7 does NOT work with Google playstore, Youtube, mirror feature nor Google pay! I have to use my DATA to do anything and boy does downloading apps eat data! I have called my carrier (Verizon) and they stayed on the phone with me for 4 hours trying to help me reslove the problem. They said it was a known issue and we BOTH called Samsung. I was on the phone with them for 2hours, they directed me to Google. I was on the phone with them for another 2 hours. They BOTH said this was the first time hearing about this (yeah right! I've read the reviews) I have had 2 new S7 phones each with the same issues. Samsung points the finger at Google and Google says I dunno? I can't get ANYONE to fix this phone nor any hope that it will be resloved. They keep saying factory reset after exhausting all other options. I ask them how can I do factory resets if I can't use WIFI to retrieve my info? I am ticked off bc I have repeatedly all called 3 subsequent times to NO avail! HELP! ANYONE?

SouthernLisa

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for asking. I don't get an error message just spinning circles or the green line that pulses just keeps going. Sometimes it times out and most times it doesn't. I will after about 5 minutes just stop the "download". Verizon acknowledges the problem but can't fix it. Samsung, after 3calls, says they only put it together and don't make the software and Google says there's nothing wrong they haven't heard of this before. I am extremely frustrated! Thanks for any help you can give.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
BS Samsung doesn't make the software. They make significant changes to the OS.

That said, why not push Verizon to replace the device at this point? There's obviously something wrong with the WiFi radio. You don't say that the features don't work only on WiFi but that's what it sounds like. You could try a factory reset, but after that you may be in new device territory.

SouthernLisa

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I need all the help I can get. Verizon sent me another S7 a few days after I found out that the first one wouldn't work to download with WIFI. The new S7 that was a new replacement did the same exact thing. A few friends also purchased S7s, same thing. They were so mad that they traded theirs for an IPhone. My downloaded apps that I had to use my data for do work with WIFI execept, Google play store (I don't play games nor download music so it's just for communication.) Samsung pay nor Youtube. I do a lot of crafts and rely on Youtube. I can't mirror which was a hugh part of buying a newer model galaxy. The entire reason I bought this phone, being the 3things I listed above, don't work at all. When they factory wiped my phone they had to hook it up at the store bc it wouldn't transfer with WIFI. Since this is the second phone with the same problem I was begging them to do some kind of software upgrade to fix the problem. They deny there is a problem so no fix. I also have the same SD card logo in the upper left cormer that comes and goes. I did add an additional SD card for stotage. Also, I have brand new cables for my WIFI and it is just my husband and myself and we aren't overloading the WIFI. I have internet through my cable co with a booster to my WIFI. I am so fed up with Samsung passing the buck. I would LOVE to get what was advertised but it looks like these phones are lemons and I'm not the one who should do their troubleshooting for them. Just really sick and tired of fooling with it. As much as I hate to say it I am honestly thinking of trading this one in for a new older galaxy. Really ticked off. Thanks again for any help and or advice.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
So, you want to mirror to your TV? Is your TV a Smart TV with Youtube and Netflix apps? If so, you may not NEED a Samsung phone to "cast" to it. I have an LG smart TV and a Nexus 6P, if I didn't have a Chromecast I could cast Netflix and YouTube (at least) to the TV, though it's really the phone telling the TV what to stream and then the phone acting as a play/pause/FF/RW controller for that stream.

SouthernLisa

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I ended up deciding to trade this phone in on a New Galaxy note 5. I have chromecast but I needed the best way to control the fast forward/stop/rewind features for Youtube. I finally got someone to admit that most if not all phones are released knowing bugs are going to pop up so we are being used to catch them so they can fix them when enough people demand they fix it. I am just tired of fooling with it. S7edges are the same. I just wanted something that actually worked like I want it to. Just not tech savvy enough to figure this out. Lesson learned. Shiney, new phones with all the bells and whistles are not all they are cracked up to be. Next time I have to get another phone it won't be one that has just come out. Thanks again for all of your help. I hope I don't have a reason to get back on the forum for tech help...aka...no more phone problems. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae