i tried opening my textme app and it wouldnt work, then i tried opening my games and i couldnt. internet works google play store works but ome apps wont open. i tried going to my phone settings and i cant even open up the settings. im trying to figure out if a system file was deleted but im struggling to do so since i cant open my settings. ive tried resetting and powering off my phone and the apps and settings still arent working. can someone please tell me how to restore what ever encryption is suppose to be on my phone for these things to work especially my phone settings Google play store works but some of my apps are not working. And my phone settings wont open. How do i restore the internal encryption file for them to start working again?
    04-04-2016 12:56 PM
    Some background, please:
    1) Phone make/model
    2) Did you recently upgrade the OS (say.... to Marshmallow?) or change the file structure via the file manager (say... on your computer?)
    3) You said "encryption." Did you physically encrypt the device at some point (every time you turn it on, it will ask for a pin/password and show an android "unlocking" itself) or are you using the word "encryption" in lieu of "file system?"

If none of these questions seem smart, you can always try a factory reset from the BIOS menu (Power off- Volume up/Home/Power simultaneously)

Let us know
    04-04-2016 02:01 PM
    Its a samsung galaxy s4. I tried opening up a textme app. And a little message icon pops up saying cannot open the app. Then some other apps like game apps wont open. But google play store works. Then when i tried opening settings, like the general settings for my phone tge same message icon pops up saying "unfortunately settings has stopped". What would make the settings stop working?
    04-04-2016 02:11 PM
    And ive tried removing the battery, restarting the phone and turning the phone off and waiting then turning it back on and they stll wont open
    04-04-2016 02:13 PM