My daughter and I have been trying to call JCP and we are both getting the message that the number can't be completed as dialed, the number has been disconnected. I tried with/without the area code. If we call from a landline it goes through just fine. I even tried calling from my friends phone and it goes through just fine. We need help resolving this issue.
    04-05-2016 10:56 AM
    Don't dial the country code, to start (the 1 at the beginning, if you're in North America) - it's assumed. Adding it could confuse some central offices into adding it as the first digit of the number.

If your phone's area code is the same as the one you're calling, don't dial it - it's assumed. (IOW, if your phone is area code 111 and you're calling a 111 number AND you're in the 111 area code physically, don't dial 111 - again, it's assumed.)

Otherwise dial the area code.

If it still doesn't work, go to your carrier and see if they can figure it out - it's probably a number resolution problem (that's their problem and it's internal to their system). My AT&T phone could work fine and your Verizon phone (just as examples of carriers) could be having problems - because Verizon is having problems resolving the number and AT&T isn't.
    04-05-2016 11:07 AM