"My Calendar" data disappeared from S6. Can it be retrieved?

A

AC Question

I've been using the Google Calendar app on my Galaxy S6 without issue since I bought the phone brand new three months ago and imported the calendar entries that I had in S Planner on my old S4. My Google Calendar settings are such that "My Calendar" (which is Samsung's own calendar) is the default so when I enter a calendar event, it automatically adds it to "My Calendar".

Earlier today I downloaded the Day-to-Day Android app to see if it offered anything beyond what Google Calendar does. Automatically it populated with all the info from Google Calendar and I spent a few minutes exploring the interface. I also added a calendar event to Day-to-Day, and then checked that it appeared in my Google Calendar app (and it did). I put my phone down and then went back to the Day-to-Day app 15 minutes later, and none of the entries from "My Calendar" were there. I thought that was odd, so I opened the Google Calendar app and NONE of the 50+ "My Calendar" event entries I have put in to the calendar from February 2016 onward are there. But oddly, entries from Jan 2016 and all the way back to 2014 are still visible. Also, the entries from my Gmail account (which I've synched to the Google Calendar app) are still there. So the only data missing is the "My Calendar" calendar entries.

I checked the Google Calendar app settings, and the box beside "My Calendar" is checked, so it *should* be displaying these calendar entries. But it isn't. I naively assumed that "My Calendar" would be backed up in my phone since I have set Samsung's Backup and Restore option to back up everything. But guess what? Samsung doesn't have an option to back up "My Calendar".

Is there any way to retrieve this data? I spoke with a Samsung live chat agent who said there is no way, but I wanted to get a second opinion before I spend hours trying to recreate my calendar. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide!

Andrea Roche

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Did you ever find a way yo restore the calendars? Mine has done something similar, by deleting a few of my calendars, (or a couple of main colors) and I can't even choose those colors anymore to add an event.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae