I had a set of 8000 PDF and epub books, If I install the App in the internal memory it'll chomp a good chunk of memory, and every time I add or delete a book it will take an eternity to do such a simple task.
    Apparently Moon+ Reader copies the books into folder (Books) the device memory, then copies the cover image of the book in 2 formats JPG and PNG , the later of course is huge, so for each book the app generates 3 files in the internal memory, which will lead to a painful memory consumption.
    I tried MOVE APP to SD , i get a message APP MOVED to external SD.. a blatant fib.
    If anyone succeed relocating ANY book reader app to an external memory please enlighten me, or at least a solution using Moon+ Reader.
    04-06-2016 10:49 AM
    I had a set of 8000 PDF and epub books, If I install the App in the internal memory it'll chomp a good chunk of memory, and every time I add or delete a book it will take an eternity to do such a simple task.
    Apparently Moon+ Reader copies the books into folder (Books) the device memory, then copies the cover image of the book in 2 formats JPG and PNG , the later of course is huge, so for each book the app generates 3 files in the internal memory, which will lead to a painful memory consumption.
    I tried MOVE APP to SD , i get a message APP MOVED to external SD.. a blatant fib.
    If anyone succeed relocating ANY book reader app to an external memory please enlighten me, or at least a solution using Moon+ Reader.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Are you not able to point the app to your external storage in the app settings?
    04-11-2016 07:49 AM
    Not really. "Move the app to SD" actually means "move those portions of the app that can run from SD to SD, and leave a link to where they are in internal storage". So if the app is written so that only many tiny pieces can be moved, you can end up with less free internal storage after moving the app to the SD card. (And that doesn't guarantee that the app will store its data - the jpg and png files, in this case - to the SD card. Internal storage may be hard-wired into the app as the storage location.)
    04-13-2016 10:39 AM