Galaxy S3, new and old, same problem. Won't charge, why?

A

AC Question

Two years ago, I bought a Galaxy S3, everything started fine, but about a month in, it refused to recognize that I have 3g/4g. I went to Bestbuy where I got the phone, they told me to go to Boost, where my service was. I went to Boost, they told me to go to Best buy. After an agonizing battle for answers, I gave up. Fine, whatever, don't help me then.
So I've put up with just using wi-fi until now.
But the issue I'm addressing here is the fact that the phone will no longer recognize that I'm plugging in a charger. I got a new charger, still won't charge. Got a new battery, still won't charge, and then I GOT A NEW PHONE, SAME PHONE, AND IT WILL NOT CHARGE.
It won't charge with my old battery in it. It won't charge with the new battery. Won't charge with the charger it came with, won't charge with my old charger. Neither of these phones will charge with either charger, either battery, and I've tried every outlet in my house, all of which are functional.
Please tell me why.

Localism

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
(I'm the original poster on this thread, I just registered my account and now have a username.)
To belodion: No, this is my first attempt at getting any answers for this issue. Although BestBuy has agreed to replace the phone I just received that also refuses to charge, I'm still curious as to why this is happening. To my knowledge, the Galaxy S3 doesn't have a reputation for this, so I came here looking for some kind of reasonable explanation.

bs32315

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
That's really odd. I have a galaxy s3 also Now I this might be out the way, but you could always by a QI adapter for the phone to charge wirelessly.

running on a dinosaur the galaxy s3