Is there any reason a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 should not work in France with a French Bouygues sim card? I have an APN that works on my S5. Calls and data work fine but messages to other French phones are never delivered. Also, strangely, text messages from my S5 to other French phones take too long to get delivered and arrive with my US Verizon cell phone as the from: number, even though that number is nowhere on my phone when I am in France with the Bouygues sim card. Is it a problem with the app? I am using the default Message+ app that comes on the phone. It acts like it is talking to a server in the US that assumes I am a Verizon customer and is identifying me through the MEI from the phone instead of the number on the sim card or the number in my contacts. I have spent hours on this and googled the h**l out of it to no avail. Does anybody know how SMS works on the Verizon messaging app or what it is that Verizon is doing to cripple this unlocked paid-for phone outside the US? The sales people all assured me the phone would work internationally with foreign sim cards.
    04-06-2016 07:01 PM
    Have you found a solution to this? I'll be traveling to France soon and the sales people told me the same thing when I bought the new S7 Edge.

Thank you,
    G
    04-20-2016 01:21 PM