I dropped my phone (jiayu s3) from about 3 feet onto tile. no visible damage but absolutely no life. tried a reset, removing battery ect. computer does not recognize phone as a device either. not sure where to go from here. warranty options are difficult to access so i am wondering what is the most likely component that is damaged and the level of difficulty to replace it? thanks!
    04-07-2016 05:19 PM
    Hi Evelina!

You said it did a reset? Does the phone make noises like its on, but just not the screen? If there is no signs of life, there's a good chance (plus side) that only the battery cable came unplugged, I've seen this happen. Can you provide us the Model Number and Android Version? You can find this in the About Us section of your settings for the phone. Depending on your phone, it could be really easy to access this power pin plug.

Edit: I see you provided the model. Let me see what I can find.

Chris
    B. Diddy and Evelina Salvador like this.
    04-07-2016 06:36 PM
    Here's a fairly decent video showing how to access all the cable plugins. If you know someone who's good with electronics, it looks pretty easy, just need to look for any of those cable plugs that might have came loose. You could also just try another battery if you have a spare.

Hope this helps!

B. Diddy and Evelina Salvador like this.
    04-07-2016 06:43 PM
    Possible causes - cracked motherboard, connectors popped out of their sockets on the motherboard. Whatever it is, it has to go to a shop - working on the inside of a cellphone is NOT a D-I-Y job, regardless of how simple the (quite experienced) producers of some videos make it seem. (The "this is the first time I've ever opened a cellphone" lines are pure lies. You can see the experience in the way the actor uses some of the tools.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-10-2016 03:44 PM