Hey, I am currently using a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus running on marshmallow and I can't update or install any apps from play store. It get stuck on downloading . I have already tried clear cache and all, still didn't work.
    04-07-2016 08:57 PM
    Hey, I am currently using a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus running on marshmallow and I can't update or install any apps from play store. It get stuck on downloading . I have already tried clear cache and all, still didn't work.
    Are you downloading over Wifi or your Data? Which ever it is try the OTHER, and see if you can narrow down the issue that way first.
    04-07-2016 09:31 PM
    over wifi.. i can download on data
    04-08-2016 12:56 AM
    over wifi.. i can download on data
    Guessing you have an all in one modem router combo from your Internet provider?
    04-08-2016 12:34 PM
    think so, but got I share a room with a friend and i can download and update apps on his phone . It's just mine that i cant do anything. Frustrated. Can't even play videos on youtube. It just keeps on loading then says can't connect to server.
    04-11-2016 10:20 PM
    think so, but got I share a room with a friend and i can download and update apps on his phone . It's just mine that i cant do anything. Frustrated. Can't even play videos on youtube. It just keeps on loading then says can't connect to server.
    Okay so here's what you do:
    1. Turn off Wifi.
    2. Power down your phone.
    3. Unplug power from the modem and router. If it's a single until unplug it make sure all lights are off as some have battery backups
    4. Wait 10 seconds. If 2 seperate boxes, plug in JUST the modem first, and wait until your ONLINE or CABLE light go on solid. Once that is solid plug in your router.
    5. Turn on your phone
    6. Connect to Wifi
    7, Try an install of an app or watch a you tube and see if that works
    tube517 likes this.
    04-12-2016 01:48 AM
    I have a customer with the exact same issue. We cleared caches, cleared data from Play Store, removed/added the wifi network, safe mode, etc but nothing seems to allow updates or installs via wifi only. Only updates via mobile data are working. Customer is on Sprint (not a carrier related issue. Just for info).
    04-12-2016 07:32 AM
    I have a customer with the exact same issue. We cleared caches, cleared data from Play Store, removed/added the wifi network, safe mode, etc but nothing seems to allow updates or installs via wifi only. Only updates via mobile data are working. Customer is on Sprint (not a carrier related issue. Just for info).
    Rebooting the router seems to be one of the best solutions unless the user is having issues on wifi outside of the home
    04-12-2016 07:37 AM
    Rebooting the router seems to be one of the best solutions unless the user is having issues on wifi outside of the home
    I see the thought there but here is the rub (counter to that argument): The router, in most cases hasn't changed. There should not be any reason why a router would block certain types of communication. Plus, the issue persists over multiple Wifi sources. Since the Wifi does work for other Internet services such as web browsing, email, etc, its safe to say that Wifi communication in Marshmallow does work.

My thought is since all IP based services work over TCP or UDP ports (eg 80=WWW, 25=SMTP), Google Play Store must use a port number for either incoming download or outgoing download requests (one thought would be FTP 20/21), perhaps Marshmallow is blocking or has a programming issue with the port Google Play Store operates on.

I searched the known ports: Google Play Services (eg Play Store) operates on 5228. I wonder if one can verify that Marshmallow does or does not allow that port or any return port back to Play Store. Destination ports have a source port associated with IP based communication.
    04-12-2016 08:05 AM
    I see the thought there but here is the rub (counter to that argument): The router, in most cases hasn't changed. There should not be any reason why a router would block certain types of communication. Plus, the issue persists over multiple Wifi sources. Since the Wifi does work for other Internet services such as web browsing, email, etc, its safe to say that Wifi communication in Marshmallow does work.

My thought is since all IP based services work over TCP or UDP ports (eg 80=WWW, 25=SMTP), Google Play Store must use a port number for either incoming download or outgoing download requests (one thought would be FTP 20/21), perhaps Marshmallow is blocking or has a programming issue with the port Google Play Store operates on.

I searched the known ports: Google Play Services (eg Play Store) operates on 5228. I wonder if one can verify that Marshmallow does or does not allow that port or any return port back to Play Store. Destination ports have a source port associated with IP based communication.
    That's why I said "Unless the user is having issues outside of the home"

You are correct in your assumption otherwise. But, some wifi/Google Play issues in this forum (and other forums) have been easily fixed if the router is rebooted. Don't know the technical aspects of why it sometimes works but it does. I have to do it myself periodically.
    04-12-2016 08:25 AM

It could very well be the router. And others routers. Typically the ALL IN ONE router modem combo junk that ISP's provide causes these issues because they do block ports, and the user has no control over it. Firmware updates and changes can be made without the knowledge of the customer. If the issue persists, after the instructions I have given above. I am 99% sure that the OP is using a all in one router modem combo from the provider.
    04-12-2016 09:42 PM
    If rebooting the router does not help try changing the router settings from ipv6 to ipv4 seems to be an issue with mm

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge
    tube517 likes this.
    04-12-2016 10:00 PM
    That's why I said "Unless the user is having issues outside of the home"

You are correct in your assumption otherwise. But, some wifi/Google Play issues in this forum (and other forums) have been easily fixed if the router is rebooted. Don't know the technical aspects of why it sometimes works but it does. I have to do it myself periodically.
    Actually in this case, the customer did restart the router and yeah, in his case this did clear the issue up. Perhaps the router was not passing the network reply back to the device. Customer seems to be able to download from Play Store now. He did mention that he was not able to get any downloads from any wifi so I'm not sure why the restart of this one router would have worked. Could also be any update of the certificate or dhcp info to that phone from that router. Hrmmmmmm.
    04-18-2016 09:09 AM
    Actually in this case, the customer did restart the router and yeah, in his case this did clear the issue up. Perhaps the router was not passing the network reply back to the device. Customer seems to be able to download from Play Store now. He did mention that he was not able to get any downloads from any wifi so I'm not sure why the restart of this one router would have worked. Could also be any update of the certificate or dhcp info to that phone from that router. Hrmmmmmm.
    It worked because your customer SAID he wasn't able to get it from any WIFI but in reality it was just his own wifi. We all know how customers are
    04-18-2016 10:22 PM