e:failed to mount / efc (no such file or directory) & "e: failed to mount system" etc etc

A

AC Question

e:failed to mount / efc (no such file or directory) & "e: failed to mount system" etc etc

Hi ...Samsung galaxy note 2 is not responding, when I hard Boot using Power+Volume (high)+Home button i find above mentioned errors "e:failed to mount / efc (no such file or directory) & "e: failed to mount system"

I tried wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache portion, apply update from cache... nothing worked to me.. please help ... Thank you so much in advance.. :)

Also, Please let me if we can just change the OS does this work and if so how to do that ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: e:failed to mount / efc (no such file or directory) & "e: failed to mount system" etc etc

Assuming you haven't been doing non-standard things (like installing non-standard kernels), that would seem to point to a failed portion of storage. That's a hardware problem, and the "fix" is to replace the motherboard, which probably wouldn't pay in a Note S2 (decent used Note 2s are cheaper than having a shop put in a new motherboard - and you won't get your old data back either way).

Since the storage (think hard drive in a computer) is defective, you can't install any OS.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: e:failed to mount / efc (no such file or directory) & "e: failed to mount system" etc etc

Hi ...Samsung galaxy note 2 is not responding, when I hard Boot using Power+Volume (high)+Home button i find above mentioned errors "e:failed to mount / efc (no such file or directory) & "e: failed to mount system"

I tried wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache portion, apply update from cache... nothing worked to me.. please help ... Thank you so much in advance.. :)

Also, Please let me if we can just change the OS does this work and if so how to do that ?

Welcome to Android Central!

Give the guide below a try and see if it works. If it does not then it might be hardware related and you might need to get it repaired.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol