after 6.0 update fingerprint login messed up

winja

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Today I was prompted to update to Android 6.0 after doing so when I unlock my screen I am prompted to set up a backup password for my fingerprint unlock. Now clearly this is already done because you have to do that to set up the fingerprint unlock in the first place. Now whenever I unlock the screen the only thing I can do is start the process of putting in a password that I already have until I get to the point where I can back out of it. I've gone to settings and it clearly states that I have a password there is nothing wrong on my end this is all on Android side how do we fix this? This is a bug should I turn it in as one? If so who do I turn it into Samsung Verizon or Android/Google?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Today I was prompted to update to Android 6.0 after doing so when I unlock my screen I am prompted to set up a backup password for my fingerprint unlock. Now clearly this is already done because you have to do that to set up the fingerprint unlock in the first place. Now whenever I unlock the screen the only thing I can do is start the process of putting in a password that I already have until I get to the point where I can back out of it. I've gone to settings and it clearly states that I have a password there is nothing wrong on my end this is all on Android side how do we fix this? This is a bug should I turn it in as one? If so who do I turn it into Samsung Verizon or Android/Google?

Welcome to Android Central!

I would try removing all the fingerprints and passwords, boot to recovery mode and wipe the partition cache. After that I would add the fingerprints and passwords back and see if that fixes the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463