android launcher update required

A

AC Question

message on my new galaxy s6 ( 1 week) reads: due to lastest report hacking event targeting Samsung SM-G920I Android phone, we released a Launcher update and it is required for every android phone. If you do not upgrade your phone will be locked within 1 day.
Is this a real thing or not and how do i get it off my phone

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Avoid those "free" movie or mp3 sites. They're generally illegal (or highly suspect), and they're also a good place to get yourself some juicy malware.

Josephine Mitchell

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I've had this happen to me twice in the past week now. Both times on Bing. I closed the tab down without clicking on it. My phone is just 6month old. Knowledge into whether this is a problem or just a fright is sought. Thanks in advance for any forthcoming information. Norton hasn't shown anything up neither has the Smart Manager in my S6.

Last edited:

2006twilight

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if the notification is legit but there is an app called 360security which protects you from things like malware, phishing and it helps to boost your androids speed and clears storage space so I'd advise downloading it for extra security

BrutalhonestyM

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Well as mentioned by everyone else, please do not click on this as it will will do more harm to your device than good. I have seen these type of ads before, please tap the home button > settings >go to smart manager and clear the RAM. This usually does the trick.

This could either be from a website or an app, in order to figure this out, boot the device in safe mode and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there anymore, then a third party application is causing this which you may uninstall.
If the issue persists, you might have to do a soft reset, turn device off, hold the power button + volume down key for about 10 seconds (similar to a battery pull as the S6 doesn't have a removable battery).

If this doesn't work, Turn off your device press and hold power, volume up and the home button together, You'll see a blue screen with the Android on it, then you'll be taken to the recovery menu. Use the volume buttons to scroll and highlight Wipe Cache Partition.

The last resort would be to do a factory data reset, you can do this via your settings or use the buttons on your device.
Tap Settings >Backup and reset option >Factory Data Reset > Press Reset Device.
Or you can turn off your device press and hold power, volume up and the home button together, You'll see a blue screen with the Android on it, then you'll be taken to the recovery menu. Use the volume buttons to scroll and highlight “wipe data/factory reset", press power to select it.
Just make sure you do a back up before performing the last step FDR, as once the device is restored to factory settings, you will risk losing your data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR