I have a Droid Max 2 and I am using ES File Explorer. I can't get to the data on my external sd card. When I re-boot the phone, my external sd card (with more than 2 Gb data on a 4 Gb card) shows up in my file explorer. I double click on the external SD card, and it opens all the folders. When I open a folder, the circle goes round and round, then it says folder empty (or no contents). How can I see what is on the card?
    04-10-2016 08:02 PM
    Put the card into a USB adapter (turn the phone off before taking it out), plug it into a computer and see if the files are on it. (Good adapters are cheap - the Anker (I've been using it for months) is only $8 (plus shipping, so if you don't have Amazon Plus, build up an order).
    04-10-2016 10:48 PM
    I have made my explanation much longer, so that I can state everything that happened yesterday afternoon. I will check to see if the computer can read the data - right now I can't release the tray that holds the micro SC card.

But, initially ES File Explorer thinks there is something on the card, because after a re-boot that is what it displays 2 Gb out of 4 Gb, but double click on the card and subsequent folders, and after a lot of "thinking" - 10 to 15 seconds a white screen, it says folder is empty.

Yesterday morning (and as long as I have owned the phone) in ES File Explorer when the card is double clicked on, it IMMEDIATELY opens up it's contents, and when folders are opened, they open immediately.

Starting sometime yesterday after noon the problem is, ES File Explorer knows the card is there, knows how much data is on the card, but some place in the opening routine, instead of opening immediately, it waits 10 to 15 seconds and says "folder empty." I have deleted the application (ES File Explorer) and re-loaded and it makes no difference.

Also, when the phone is plugged into the computer, with the file explorer on the computer, it does not see the micro sd card, as it has in hundreds of times in the past. It is like the card is there, but the phone is not reading it. But, after re-boot, ES File Explorer knows there is data there, it just can't get to it.
    04-11-2016 07:08 AM