Just finished a display replacement after my original had been shattered. The new display has horizontal streaks that run across the screen anywhere there is an image of any kind (text, app icon, clock widget, etc) on the desktop. It's like a faded version of whatever the image is smeared all the way across the screen. Color quality in general seems faded or washed out. Is this a bad display? Is it possible I didn't insert a ribbon cable correctly? Did I break something else during the repair?? Please help!
    04-11-2016 08:02 AM
    Is this a bad display? Is it possible I didn't insert a ribbon cable correctly? Did I break something else during the repair??
    May be a bad display. Could be you need to reseat the connector again. It's possible you did break something else during the repair.

You basically answered all your own questions with your questions. All you can do is take it apart and reinstall everything carefully again. If the display itself is bad, no can help you but the place you bought it from.
    04-11-2016 03:08 PM