£100 fine popup virus? help

A

AC Question

So this is my first time posting but hopefully can get help. I was on twitter and I clicked on a link, when it opens a popup came saying a have broken a law and I would have to pay £100. It said I could go to prison for several years etc and then popped up with my IP adress and other info. It scared me so I quickly went off the tab. I searched up about this scam and people have said they're locked from their phone. I'm not and there seems to be no problems. So I was wondering if the virus is still on my phone or did I bypass it somehow??? Thanks

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So this is my first time posting but hopefully can get help. I was on twitter and I clicked on a link, when it opens a popup came saying a have broken a law and I would have to pay £100. It said I could go to prison for several years etc and then popped up with my IP adress and other info. It scared me so I quickly went off the tab. I searched up about this scam and people have said they're locked from their phone. I'm not and there seems to be no problems. So I was wondering if the virus is still on my phone or did I bypass it somehow??? Thanks

Welcome to Android Central!

You can always download one of the many virus scanners from the Play Store and run a scan. If you are really concerned you can always do a factory reset and that should clear out anything bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781