I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from eBay. It worked fine when I received it, but then when I upgraded it to android 5.1.1 (after several updates) I noticed the two touch buttons on the bottom stopped working (the back and recent apps buttons).

I have looked for solutions on google and other forums, and it seems like its a know issue. If I downgrade will this actually solve this? I think it was version 4 when I received it.

Another question, if this downgrade will work, can I use a different model number for the firmware? The phone I got is a model SM-G900T, which I have noticed is a T Mobile US version. Would I be able to download a EE UK (SM-G901F) version so it is more suited to me as I am with EE in the UK.
    I was going to just try it, but I was told by someone that this could permanently damage my phone. Is this true, if it does fail could I not just recover it using Samsung Kies?

Your help will be very appreciated.
    04-11-2016 03:17 PM
    I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from eBay. It worked fine when I received it, but then when I upgraded it to android 5.1.1 (after several updates) I noticed the two touch buttons on the bottom stopped working (the back and recent apps buttons).
    Welcome to Android Central!

Did you try doing a factory reset?

Another question, if this downgrade will work, can I use a different model number for the firmware? The phone I got is a model SM-G900T, which I have noticed is a T Mobile US version. Would I be able to download a EE UK (SM-G901F) version so it is more suited to me as I am with EE in the UK.
    Flashing a different firmware from a different phone is really risky and you could brick the phone permanently I would not recommend it. I believe there are some international ROM's out there that you can flash on the phone but I am not sure how good they run.

You can check out the S5 thread over at XDA and there might be some ROM's over there that you can use.

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5
    04-15-2016 07:02 AM