Why can't I update my samsung galaxy s6

A

AC Question

I recently got a new phone in February. It was the straight talk samsung galaxy s6 and I've noticed that my phone is only on 5.0.2 and everyone else that has an s6 have marshmallow 6.0.1. Everyone I check for an update it says that it is temporarily unavailable and try again later. It's the sm-s906L model. Do I need to do it manually?

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there!

I'm not familiar with Straight Talk...but I do believe that updates on locked phones, have to come from your carrier. Its possible that your carrier has not released it. For example, I'm with AT&T and I still don't have 6.0.1, I'm still on 5.1.1.

Hope this helps, call your carrier and see what they tell ya. Maybe someone else who has Straight Talk, might chime in here, so keep checking back.

Chris

mademythic

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I have this same problem. I contacted straight talk about this issue and they told me to contact Samsung to resolve the issue. I then proceeded to contact Samsung about the issue and they told me they cant do anything and to contact straight talk because they only issue updates to the carrier, from there, the carrier decided whether to issue the update or not. So, as far as I can tell, we wont be recieving any updates because straight talk isnt pushing the updates to use SM-S906L users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke