Hello, I have recently divorced and found a receipt for purchase of cell phone spyware.

A

AC Question

The name of the purchased product is "cell spy monitoring software" order form I found it said payment will show on statement as: PLI*SOFTSOLUTION. After research, it is my understanding there will be a discreet file in the Application Managers phone setting. Is there anyway to obtain a list of the names of all needed applications required for my Note4 so I can compare in order to narrow down files in attempt to locate the file name the spyware is using. I also learned that this particular spyware simply works on Android phones by calling the target phone and once phone is either answered or picked up by voicemail, the android phone is tapped wspyware. Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would suggest a couple things...1. If you are near a Best Buy with a Samsung Center inside, take your phone there and see if they can reformat the phone and reflash the stock ROM for you. If they can do that, while you are there you can ask if you can get a new SIM card with a new Number.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The list you're looking for regarding what apps are natively installed on your phone doesn't really exist. They can vary by model number, country, OS, and also by carrier. A Verizon phone will have apps that may not show up on a Sprint or AT&T phone and visa-versa. The phone's interface too, while similar, may have subtle differences and capabilities depending on how the carrier changed the native apps. There are "list's" out there, but they will probably be quite different than what you see on your phone.

If you're worried that your ex put some spyware on your phone, the best thing to do is wipe the cache partition and factory reset the phone. This will bring the phone back to how it came out of the box. Note that a factory reset will delete all data on the phone, so if you have photos, music, contacts, videos, etc, then you need to back them up before you do a factory reset. The good thing is that a factory reset will also delete/remove all 3rd party apps... including the app you're worried about (if it's actually there). A factory reset is something many people try to avoid as it also forces you to fully set up how your phone runs, resetting accounts, reinstalling apps, etc, etc. A big, huge, PITA... but sometimes worth it.

By the way, not many hits on Google for "PLI*SOFTSOLUTION". Are you certain this is a valid charge on your statement? You might want to call your CC company to identify the vendor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084