I was baking and I dropped my iPhone 5s into melted chocolate and now none of the speakers and working properly. The music and sound one works but it's so quiet even at highest volume. The speaker thing at the top works but doings very quiet. When ever I call someone they can't hear me very well at all and I don't know if it needs replacing or a good clean. I have a feeling the chocolate may have gone deep inside the holes. Someone help!!!!!
    04-14-2016 09:13 AM
    Since it's an iPhone, the folks over at imore.com might have some suggestions but that phone may be toast. The minerals in water are bad enough, I can only imagine the horrors that chocolate would provide.
    04-14-2016 09:19 AM
    Since it's an iPhone, the folks over at imore.com might have some suggestions but that phone may be toast. The minerals in water are bad enough, I can only imagine the horrors that chocolate would provide.
    This . Good luck!
    04-14-2016 09:55 AM
    Yeah.. iMore will have more specific help...

But a phone's a phone... If any chocolate got into the ports, it's toast. And I suspect that no matter how hard to try to clean, there will always be some residue left over... residue that most likely will wiggle its way into the bowels of the phone and possibly kill it.

Short of completely tearing it down and cleaning with the proper solution (alcohol maybe), not looking good for your chances.
    04-14-2016 09:55 AM