I have xiaomi redmi note 2 prime smartphone . It runs MIUI 7 android operating system. I am also leasing a new Mazda 3 I Grand Touring. The problem is that Bluetooth connection does not stay stable with my smartphone. It connects, then drops bluetooth audio connection, then car bluetooth disconnects entirely from the smartphone Bluetooth, then it reconnects back to the phone. And so on. It does not seem to see some of the applications on the phone: meaning it can transmit the audio but does not show on the screen of the car console the progression of the audio song or podcast. I tried to downgrade and upgrade the OS of the smartphone 7.2.1.0, 7.2.2.0, 7.2.3.0 . It did not change much. The car USB also does not recognize my phone as a media device when I connect to it through USB . It rather sees my phone as USB storage drive, and I cannot play podcasts or songs using phone applications. Not sure if there are ways to test if the problem is in the bluetooth of the car, or smartphone.

I am thinking now about other possible solutions. One option is to buy USB or AUX Bluetooth adapter for cars. Will it work ? Should I be able to listen audio streaming and make calls with such adapters ? Any other out of box solution how I can stream my podcasts are welcome. Thanks
    04-14-2016 05:34 PM
    I have xiaomi redmi note 2 prime smartphone . It runs MIUI 7 android operating system. I am also leasing a new Mazda 3 I Grand Touring. The problem is that Bluetooth connection does not stay stable with my smartphone. It connects, then drops bluetooth audio connection, then car bluetooth disconnects entirely from the smartphone Bluetooth, then it reconnects back to the phone. And so on. It does not seem to see some of the applications on the phone: meaning it can transmit the audio but does not show on the screen of the car console the progression of the audio song or podcast. I tried to downgrade and upgrade the OS of the smartphone 7.2.1.0, 7.2.2.0, 7.2.3.0 . It did not change much. The car USB also does not recognize my phone as a media device when I connect to it through USB . It rather sees my phone as USB storage drive, and I cannot play podcasts or songs using phone applications. Not sure if there are ways to test if the problem is in the bluetooth of the car, or smartphone.

I am thinking now about other possible solutions. One option is to buy USB or AUX Bluetooth adapter for cars. Will it work ? Should I be able to listen audio streaming and make calls with such adapters ? Any other out of box solution how I can stream my podcasts are welcome. Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central!

It probably has to do with the kernal maybe, have you looked to see if there are any CM ROM's out there for your phone?
    04-18-2016 07:38 AM