How to reboot a device stuck at ADB sideload screen?

A

AC Question

My device is an HCL ME Connect 3G Tablet. I was trying to do a hard reset. I switched it off, then turned it on holding the power and volume up keys as explained in this video:

www . youtube .com/watch?v=xaHoV2K_pZQ

I entered recovery, but i accidentally hit the power button when sideload adb option was highlighted instead of the hard reset and it now show this message:

"Now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>" ..."

Pressing the power key causes this message to disappear and and reappear alternately. I've tried numerous combinations of keys, but I just can't get the device to go back to the main recovery menu or atleast reboot.

The only physical keys it has are the power and volume up/down buttons. The home, return keys are software keys and are not visible right now.

In the background there's an image of the green bot lying down with its front panel open and a red triangle on top.

I can't connect the device to a computer as it comes with a non-standard weird shaped USB port and i've lost the original data cable.

Please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance