Ive purchased some cheap low-amp car chargers from gas stations that charge one second, then dont charge, then start charging again. Every time this happens, the screen turns on and off, and it ends up draining battery faster than it is charging. (Samsung S5 Sport) I decided to hit up ebay for a new 5v/3.5Amp charger, hoping for consistent and fast charging. I tried it for the first time yesterday, and it worked like a champ, charging at a rate of 1%/min even while I was downloading and texting with the phone. This morning I updated a few apps, simple things like Flipboard and Chrome and Google Maps, I go to use the charger again, and now it's doing the same thing as the other chargers...charging for a minute, then not, then back to charging, then off again. I uninstalled my updates, and the charger is acting the same way. This is driving me bonkers. Ive searched threads and cant seem to find any legit answers. My cig lighter is brand new and consistent with voltage. The charger is brand new. It's an issue with the phone, but I cant figure it out. Options seem to be only slow/low-amp chargers that negate the point of car charging, or worse. Can anyone help?
    04-15-2016 02:34 PM
    Maybe it is not the charger ? Check for bent or broken pins on connectors and wiggle connectors around for open/short.
    04-15-2016 02:40 PM