I recently decided to delete as much as possible from my phone as I have been suffering with low storage for a while now. I deleted all but about 400 photos including screenshots and downloads. Then I deleted all texts from longer than 3 months ago. This seemed to have little impact so I checked the number of photos again, and it said I had over 1200, but these were mostly ones like facebook uploads and backups. I tried to delete them but couldn't, so naturally I looked it up and the internet said I could un-sync from google to remove them. I followed the steps shown and then tried to open my gallery and couldn't. Assuming that it was probably better to have a thousand photos than none at all, I re-synced with google. This was where the real problems began.
    I was told that my storage space was critical, so I deleted small apps and attempted to access my photos to delete some, and still couldn't, but this time it was due to the fact that I didn't have enough storage space. I resorted to drastic measures, deleting facebook, one of my largest deletable apps. Still no change. I restarted my phone. Nothing.
    I have no idea what new hell I have unwittingly created for myself and have found nothing in my search for a solution. I don't even know what I need and what I can get rid of, I have very few downloaded apps, and the rest seen useless but I can't get rid of them for fear of causing more problems.
    If anyone has even a partial solution I would be extremely grateful.
    04-15-2016 04:29 PM
    Back up your apps and data (see Backing up an Android Device), then do a factory reset and restore everything you want restored.
    04-15-2016 05:50 PM
    I feel for you. I have the exact same problem. It is frustrating as hell.
    09-13-2016 03:41 PM