Recent update has led to Apps stopping working when screen sleeps or when I leave app

A

AC Question

Hi there!
I'm having a big problem when last week I updated my phone and now when for instance the screen goes to sleep the app that i'm using (e.g radio or whatsapp call) will stop working or the call drops and then even when the screen is not sleeping if i'm on a whatsapp call or listening to the radio and I leave the app it stops working again.
MY Wifi setting is set to "Always" in Keep Wifi on during sleep option.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Shah Rah

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Captain here! First off... Marshmallow [Removed by Moderator]...
What you would like to try is to head into settings>Applications>Applications manager>Whatsapp>Permissions and activate all of them.
Then after that DO NOT ACTIVATE POWER SAVING MODE! Some bug is forcing power saving mode to kill any active threads that is hogging your internet during sleep mode... Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there!
I'm having a big problem when last week I updated my phone and now when for instance the screen goes to sleep the app that i'm using (e.g radio or whatsapp call) will stop working or the call drops and then even when the screen is not sleeping if i'm on a whatsapp call or listening to the radio and I leave the app it stops working again.
MY Wifi setting is set to "Always" in Keep Wifi on during sleep option.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? What version of Android?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34