I know there are several threads with similar problems but I haven't found any with my exact one.

I recently bought the phone from some guy who told me it was a few years old but had seen almost no use at all. It looked new, and the guy selling it was a cop so I trusted him.

It has happened at least two times that I have noticed. The first time I got a notification that the battery was at 5% which I thought was odd since it had been around 75% an hour earlier and I hadn't used it in that time. When I checked it again about three minutes later it was at 1% so I turned it off so I could maybe have one emergency text in case I needed it. A couple of hours later I turned it back on as I had gotten to my car and plugged it in the car charger. It then showed 41%. It had only been plugged in the charger for a few seconds.

The other time it happened was a few minutes ago. I had forgotten to put it in the charger when I went to bed last night and it was at 12% when I woke up. I used it for maybe 15 minutes, checking, the news, and in that time it went down to 1%. I put it down and went to get the charger, but then I heard the low battery notification, I checked it and it, and all of the sudden it was at 5 %. It had not been turned off when this change occurred.

It's like it shows the wrong percentage but the phone realizes this when it hits 0% and resets it to the correct percentage.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong? Is it the battery or the phone?
    04-16-2016 04:50 AM
    Hi there, and thanks for stopping by!

It would "appear" as thought he battery is at the end of its life. Now, we can try 2 things before we conclude to that.

1. Enter Recovery Mode and Wipe the Cache Partition. No data loss will occur.
    2. Full factory reset (if you haven't already. YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA, BACK YOUR PHONE UP FIRST.
    3. Replace battery with New Original Samsung Battery, not after market.

Hope this helps!!

Chris
    04-16-2016 07:55 AM
    I'd go along with the battery being at end of life. Since a good Anker battery is only $11, it's not a major problem.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    04-17-2016 04:01 PM