Which of these phones would you recommend me getting?

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

I've had an LG G2 for a year and a half now, and I was considering sooner or later to get a new phone.
I was considering either the Nexus 6P, Galaxy S7 or the HTC 10. Yet I'm really split especially between the S7 and 10.

I'd like my phone to have good enough software (G2 has been acting up on me a lot), a good camera better than what I got, good battery life, and a design that feels comfortable.

I'd be very happy to know your opinions and what are the pros and cons between each phone for me to consider.
And if there's another phone to suggest I'd gladly like to know.

Thank you very much!

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Why you want to leave the LG brand? I am currently using a T-Mobile LG G3 and is one of the best phones I ever owned. I am thinking in upgrade to a LG G4 or V10 when the price of these are more cheaper. A V10 right now is over $500 bucks.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Mainly because of the Software as well as a few other nit picks. I'm not a fan of LG's UI, and I just hadn't had a great experience with my G2's software with lags and glitches, probably also because it's stuck to Android 4.4.2 (I'm from France, but got my phone unlocked from an international store, forgot which).
Don't get me wrong, the G2 is a good phone, I just wasn't satisfied with thesoftware as well as a few other things I wasn't really happy with.
I also just want to try another brand for a change, unless I find it worth getting either the V10 or G5 over the other three I'd rather get at the moment.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Well in that case I will definitely recommend the Nexus 6P if you like big phones like me. That will be my choice if for some reason I am not going to upgrade to a G4 or V10.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty confident I will if I do. I'm just a little concerned how the 6P's camera is compared to the G2's since I also like taking good pictures, and that's the one element that keeps splitting me between many phones, that included the Huawei P9 to some extent

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty confident I will if I do. I'm just a little concerned how the 6P's camera is compared to the G2's since I also like taking good pictures, and that's the one element that keeps splitting me between many phones, that included the Huawei P9 to some extent

From everything I've read, the camera on the 6P is very good. It's gotta be better than the G2. I've messed around with the 6P(owned a Nexus 5), and it seemed freaking great. Nothing quite like stock Android.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Alright, thanks a lot! I just wanted to make sure whatever phone I'd chose REALLY be worth the upgrade for the best.
And is there anything, except maybe the camera to some extent, that would be better than the 6P between the S7, HTC 10 and P9 or another phone that would make me want to buy one of them instead?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Alright, thanks a lot! I just wanted to make sure whatever phone I'd chose REALLY be worth the upgrade for the best.
And is there anything, except maybe the camera to some extent, that would be better than the 6P between the S7, HTC 10 and P9 or another phone that would make me want to buy one of them instead?

I own the LG G5. I can say it's camera is fantastic. At the same level with the other devices you've listed. From what Phil was saying in the podcast the HTC 10 camera might have some issues with OIS, regarding focus and lighting, but it's gonna produce some good pics. Given the phones you're choosing from, I don't think you can go wrong really.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the help! Just one last small question (sorry I keep it going with silly questions), but if you had to chose between the 6P and the HtC 10 (at least with the reviews and info we got so far), which would you rather go for and why?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the help! Just one last small question (sorry I keep it going with silly questions), but if you had to chose between the 6P and the HtC 10 (at least with the reviews and info we got so far), which would you rather go for and why?

Despite my love for stock Android, I'd have to go with the HTC 10. Any phone can simulate stock Android with the Google Now Launcher and the 820 coupled with 4 gigs of ram had proven to be every bit as great as I hope it would be. I'm know the 6P is a great device, but I'd go with the HTC 10, between the two.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
It really does sound like HTC has got it right in every(/most) section just like the 6P did last year.
I was especially split between the 10 and S7 because while the S7 has a great camera (I think), I don't know if the Software is good especially compared to the 10 and the design, while nice looking, looks rather fragile. It's really the camera that's making me hesitate because of HTC's previous attempts (even though it seems like they nailed it this time) and because I'm concerned about how good it is compared to the G2's camera

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
If the guys at AC say the camera on the HTC 10 is on par with today's flagships, I'll buy that. I trust these guys. They have not led me astray.

As far as the GS7 goes, I can't do it. I have absolutely no desire to own a device in 2016 with capacitive buttons. That home button just kills me and I think the overall design is tired. But mainly the capacitive buttons. Can't do it. I prefer software buttons.

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm still a little unsure, but I'm now leaning more towards the HTC 10. It has the perfect size for me (I'm just afraid the 6P may be a little big for me), the software sounds very good, the design looks really nice, and the camera sounds really good, close to the S7. I can live without Waterproof, although I still wonder how good Super LCD 5 is compared to AMOLED.
But overall, I think I'll go with the 10

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm still a little unsure, but I'm now leaning more towards the HTC 10. It has the perfect size for me (I'm just afraid the 6P may be a little big for me), the software sounds very good, the design looks really nice, and the camera sounds really good, close to the S7. I can live without Waterproof, although I still wonder how good Super LCD 5 is compared to AMOLED.
But overall, I think I'll go with the 10

Right on. I'm sure you'll keep reading opinions until the 10 is available, but it seems like it might be the right fit for you. Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield