Lollipop Update Core Prime

A

AC Question

I have two Samsung's an S5 Mini and a Core Prime, there was an update for the Core Prime, which I did, and have had nothing but trouble with the phone since.

The first thing I noticed after the update was when I connected it to my PC via USB, the USB icon was no longer showing in the notification panel at the top.

I contacted Samsung who said do a factory reset that will take it back to the firmware it was released with. I thought firmware once installed was there forever, so I asked the Samsung rep again, would a factory reset revert it back to the android version it was released with, I was told yes.

Against my better judgement I did the reset, got through all of the initial setting up, checked the version it was still Lollipop and I was still missing my USB notification.

Because this is a spare phone I keep it on my PC with USB charge, prior to Lollipop I used to have a screensaver of photo's. I set it up to play after 15 seconds.

I then noticed the screensaver wasn't kicking in, it was also at this time I noticed instead of what ever it was I tapped, there was like a little bubble, and inevitably, it wouldn't hit what I had tapped.

So back to Samsung, after telling them time and time again the problem's (lack of USB, no screensaver and the bubble like thing). the phone is only 6 months old and on a plan, they told me to contact my telco, there was nothing they could do.

I contacted my telco, who are in the process of sending me out a loan phone, they also said contact Samsung.

So back I went to Samsung and told them the same thing a dozen times, before they finally came back with Lollipop disables the screensaver, and USB notification, as for the bubble like thing they had no idea.

I could at a cost to myself get the version rolled back to it's original droid version, or wait until the next firmware to be released in which perhaps these bugs might be fixed.