I have a vodafone smart 4 turbo and think i changes my setting the other day and have lost keypad so i am not able to put my 6 number pin so i am not able to do anything on the phone and need help to try and change setting without a keypad
    04-16-2016 11:46 AM
    Hopefully you turned on Google's Device Manager or you have a defaulted model. You can check easily by logging in to your Google account online and navigating to Device Manger. There you should see options to ring the phone, locate it and lock it. When you choose to lock the phone it will change your lock screen to a password type lock screen, if it isn't already, and allow you to put in whatever code you'd like. Since you believe you do not have access to all of the characters you can select a password with only the characters you have available. Beyond this your alternatives are pretty slim. If you are using encryption your options are factory reset and start over pretty much, but if not you can try Vodafone customer service. They may have a system in place to prove ownership and be able to unlock your phone. Many of the carriers used to be able to do this but I think over the years they lost the ability to unlock phones even for customers. In which case factory reset is your default option. If you're not encrypted you should hopefully be able to reset without loosing your pictures and videos. Contacts, email, and apps should be in the cloud.
    04-16-2016 12:41 PM