Hi all,

About two days ago, I was using my Motorola G (3rd generation) when the screen started to flicker after about 15 minutes of low-intensity use (reading a book). The longer I tried to use the phone, the worse the flickering became. A similar problem occurred yesterday and last night. I turned off the screen and stopped using my phone the first two times this problem occurred and I was able to use my phone about 15 minutes later without any problems. But last night I continued to use my phone until the screen completely blacked out and now the screen still won't move past a black stage even the morning after.

I can see some back-light coming from the screen, the phone is turned on (I can connect to WhatsApp web), and I believe that the touch sensitivity is still working as when I swipe across the screen the intensity of back-light changes.

In addition, I can no longer access files stored on my phone using my laptop running Windows 10. I installed new device drivers a few minutes ago. And there is a MotoG3 folder showing up on My Computer, but the contents are empty.

I did drop my phone some odd days ago. I can't remember if I had my first issues before or after this date, but the screen turned on immediately after I dropped it so I'd like to rule out the possibility that this event is leading to the problems.

Any advice on how to proceed (given that I can't access the phone's interface or underlying folders) would be greatly appreciated.
    04-16-2016 02:28 PM
    It sounds like part of the hardware is damaged. Whether from the drop or not, I don't know. But I think you'll have to see about having it repaired or replaced.
    04-16-2016 03:15 PM