I bought the phone about 4 months ago. It was running smoothly until last month, when Google told me my phone was vulnerable to a virus and I needed to install virus protection (I installed 360 security app lock.) Ever since, my wi-fi internet connection has been slower and more unpredictable. This morning, the internet connection on the phone suddenly just stopped working altogether. Then a minute later the screen went black and won't come back on, even though it had a full charge. I've long pressed the power button, and it's on the charger now (and doesn't have the red charge light showing up) but nothing is happening. It doesn't have a removable battery, so I can't do that kind of reset. Any advice?
    04-16-2016 02:52 PM
    Long-pressing the power button is "that kind of reset - it's a pseudo-battery-pull.

Other than that, I have no advice. If it's the security app that caused the problem, you'd probably need a JTAG repair (look in eBay). If it's unrelated to the security app it could be anything, including a totally unrelated burnout of the motherboard or screen.

This is definitely not a D-I-Y repair.
    04-16-2016 05:36 PM